« Home | Fight » | Can't Be Helped I Guess » | Munchie Explosions » | ¿A qué hora es? » | My achin' heed » | Growl! » | Gym This » | Yiddish? » | Death and Dismemberment » | Blogging Question » 

Friday, April 08, 2005 

Tate

I keep forgetting to mention to all the Londoners who read this, but I recommend the Turner Whistler Monet exhibit at Tate Britain. It was smaller than I thought it would be but had some really great paintings. Most of the three artists work while in and of London, and a lot of history of the three of them, which was neat. They had all my favorite Monets there, not water lilies and the pretty stuff, but the London paintings with Parliament barely distinguishable from the grit and smog and haze and dirt and filth of the city. So beautiful. I got a concession price, but I think it's worth it even at full cost.

I was at the Tate Britain recently. Loved to look at Turner's paint box and sketch books!

A little mind-boogling -- a Turner-Monet-Whistler retro. That's like summing up Ruth-Gerhig-Mantle. What? A little of this, a little of that? What the hell? Turner: a giant of light and perception. Monet: light didn't even EXIST until he discovered it. And Whistler? Never mind light -- he invented SHADOWS! Get thee behind me, retro-gallery "catch-all" round-ups. Ya lazy bahstahds! Take the geniuses head-on, one-by-one. Oor naht atall.

Post a Comment

Cool chick

Torrid Travels

In deep freeze

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates







Locations of visitors to this page