« Home | Beaker! » | Lesson of the week » | A Sign That » | International Kitchen » | Big Smiles Today » | Late Night Again » | First Bit of British Bollocks » | Things to do in London if You're Bored » | More Lucky Money! » | Funny Money » 

Wednesday, September 08, 2004 

*sigh*

I'm the biggest fan of NASA there is, but I'll be damned if they didn't fuck up again..... Why aren't we doing better in space? I know it's the hardest thing mankind's ever had to do, but it seems like we should be doing better.

I'm so glad I don't have cable TV and that I've been too busy to watch any kind of TV lately. Everytime I think about that siege in Belsan I feel sick; if I had easy access to the images of that horror I probably wouldn't be able to sleep. Well, any more than I'm already not sleeping anyway.

Most of my anxious feelings have been replaced by excited ones. Quitting my job was fun, and my prof and I decided I'll be working with transdermal drug delivery so that has me very excited. I think I can handle anything that's thrown at me, it's the unknown that I have trouble dealing with and the more I know about what's coming up, the better I feel. Having a project feels great. Money is the only thing I really worry about now.

Transdermal means through the skin, so think of stuff like Nicotine patches to help quit smoking and birth control patches that stop you from being pregnant. Also ointments and lotions that you rub into the skin and then the medication seeps though and gets into the body. It's hard to get stuff through the skin, it's one giant protecting organ after all. So learning how to overcome nature and defeat the skin sounds like a lot of fun!

Cool chick

Torrid Travels

In deep freeze

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates







Locations of visitors to this page