« Home | Peculating » | Concours » | Cynosure » | Cadger » | Abasement » | Misapprehension? » | Incommensurate » | Discern » | Prospectus » | Sheaf » 

Sunday, January 28, 2007 

Circuitous

So rarely do I ever go back and reflect on posts from my past, but today is different. I am able to bookend this post from a year ago with today's. What a nice bit of symmetry.

A friend and I attended the Guardian's Thames Whale Exhibition. It was a small set up with some photos and a video. While it did lack a lot of insightfulness (why did the whale swim up the Thames? what does this say about the future of whales in the wild? what can we do to prevent this? why did the whale have such a massive impact on us and why did Londoner's take to her so dearly? why on earth is a newspaper sponsoring this?) it did have the unique distinction of having the animal's actual bones. I never did realize quite how huge she was, well over six meters. These pictures (as with my original ones) don't do her any justice:









It's now be shipped off to the Natural History Museum, probably to be filed away and eventually forgotten. Goodbye, Beachy. I'll always remember you as one of my bizarre London experiences.

Wow. Only a year ago. For some reason I had remembered it as being summer 2005. Perhaps they will hold onto the bones of Beachy and people in the future will think they are hilarious because they seem to reflect our priorities, and they will laugh at us as we laugh at Victorians.

aw poor beachy. i think i faintly heard the sound of taps being played in the background as i read your post. rip.

Quote- "Perhaps they will hold onto the bones of Beachy and people in the future will think they are hilarious because they seem to reflect our priorities, and they will laugh at us as we laugh at Victorians. "

Because whales swimming up the Thames will become a common occurance? That they will become as common as pigeons?

I am fed up with people calling me a Big Bubble Queen, what does that mean? I wish to make clear that like Ashley Cole and Master Steps i Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou am definately not gay in any way at all as i have had many high profile relationships with real women such as Dannii m
Minogue sister of Kylie Minogue.
My legal policy:
With regard to my legal policy. I am sure you will understand that i, Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou cannot permit others to use my family name and the smear campaign i have had to endure notwithstanding and without the certainty that i will sue the person or publication for libel due to rights in my character and family name being prejudiced. It follows that no use should be made of the Stelios Haji-Ioannou name (or anything similar to it) and if any smear whether directly or indirectly relating to gay or homosexual practices is made you or your publication will be punished to the full extent of the law. And in addition i will seek damages and compensation. The thought of being gay repulses and disgusts me and has brought a great deal of shame and embarrisment to my family especially as it is not true. I have nothing against gays or lesbians personally and i do not wish to offend anyone at all please do not misunderstand me i actually employ many gays and do not discriminate but i will sue anyone who calls me Stelios Haji-Ioannou Gay or says Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou is a homosexual

I also wish to deny that i have donated money to the Labour Party in order to get my Knighthood. I am not the only Tax exile to recieve a knighthood look at Philip Green.

Post a Comment

Cool chick

Torrid Travels

In deep freeze

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates







Locations of visitors to this page