« Home | Thoreau » | good horoscope » | Happy Birthday to me! » | Sunglasses! » | Edwards! » | Term Dates! » | so sad » | Starting to break down » | Culinary Victory? » | battery answers » 

Monday, July 12, 2004 

Carefully scheduling.........

I have about seven sick days left. Here at S Inc, sick days carry over year to year, vacation days do not (we don't have so-called "personal days.") So my sick days have been building up over the past five years. Now, when you leave early, you get paid for all the vacation days you haven't taken! So all said and done, I should get paid for about a week this year. Cool huh? Believe me I need it! Now I have those seven sick days to burn, because if you don't use them you lose them, i.e. you don't get paid for them. So I have seven days to use in about ten weeks or so. Think anyone will notice? I usually take about one every two months. That pace is going to be stepped up a bit. They owe me those days!! Plus I need mental vacations before I embark on the adventure of a lifetime.

Plus I'll use one day the last weekend of August, Akash is coming to visit!!!! Yay!!!! I'm so happy. The next time I'll see him is probably around Christmas, his family is going to India for a few weeks and they might have some layover time in London. So hopefully I can see him then. I don't think I'll be coming home for Christmas, unless the folks want to pay for it. I'm okay with being alone for the holidays. Alone or with my new British boyfriend and his family, whichever.... hee hee hee.

Cool chick

Torrid Travels

In deep freeze

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates







Locations of visitors to this page