« Home | Edwards! » | Term Dates! » | so sad » | Starting to break down » | Culinary Victory? » | battery answers » | Uh-oh » | well I'll be damned... » | Word Up » | Done! » 

Tuesday, July 06, 2004 

Sunglasses!

So I watched news coverage of Princess Di's memorial (finally) getting dedicated. So it was about 8 or 9 in the morning here, making it around 13 there (they use military time in England) and the Today Show was interviewing people there, and it was bright and sunny as could be! In fact, it was so sunny that people in the crowd were wearing sunglasses! So, the mere fact that there must be enough sunshine there to necessitate owning sunglasses is surely a good sign.

The memorial looks beautiful, I can't wait to go see it. It seems to be some sort of stone fountain that looks the size of a football field. It's over in Hyde Park, which I think of as the other end of the city from me (I'm in Southeast, it's in Northwest) but it might be one of my first stops when I get there. I want to see St. Pauls, this memorial, and Parliament from the Southbank at sunrise. Anyway, it's a cool memorial, and apparently they let you play in it, I saw footage and read articles of kids goofing around and splashing each other. How neat! I don't think you can get away with that sort of thing here, it's definitely a European deal. Maybe because they have fountains in all their intersections while we have crummy streetlights. I only wish it had been dedicated yesterday, on my birthday, rather than today, but that's okay. Besides, Princess Di was a Cancer just like me! And if she can take on the entire world and the British monarchy, surely I can move across one puny little ocean.

Cool chick

Torrid Travels

In deep freeze

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates







Locations of visitors to this page