« Home | This is hard » | VICTORY » | Questions » | Exhaustion » | Things to do today » | Hmmm... » | Pissed off » | *sigh* » | Beaker! » | Lesson of the week » 

Saturday, September 18, 2004 

Almost there

My last full day in America. Felt like it would never come for so many days. This days has heady significance, although in reality is it a day like any other.

I got up early and am (re)packing and doing laundry and then I think me and sis are off to buy more stuff for me. And as the older I get and the more I learn about myself the more I realize the thing that makes me happiest is "getting things done." Ticking off a list is so satisfying for me that it's no wonder I am off to do a PhD, the mother of checking off myriads of steps towards an ultimate goal. I'll be like a pig in shit.

I am so disoriented because I have strayed from my set schedule which is very upsetting for me. I am also a schedule person. It's unnerving at the moment but it is also the reason I am doing this: Hello children! SO good to see you! Now gather around to hear Grandma recount her wild and crazy tales of making lunch the night before and her commutes to work....

Much as it may disagree with me, I need to make more of my life.

And I'll have a new schedule soon enough!

It has been a nice week at home however; one forgets how great being at home with the family can really be. I've also taken to the TV where my parents have that comcast cable with 500 channels. Ahhh, TV. The proverbial teat from which all Americans suckle. I've been basking in it's warm electric glow for days now. Getting my fill before we are permanently parted, which I'll freely admit is one of the hardest things I have to leave. Who will take care of me when I get home late and my brain needs a vacation? Who will distract me after a horrible break up? How the hell will I know what's going on in the world in a matter of minutes? WHERE WILL I GET THOSE DAMNED INFOMERCIALS FROM????

Off tomorrow I go. I will watch the Skins crush New York and then drive over to Dulles Airport. Man..... that is nuts. Still in denial that this is happening......

Cool chick

Torrid Travels

In deep freeze

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates







Locations of visitors to this page