« Home | Rainbow in a Bottle » | Pass Out and Half Pint » | If- » | British Rap » | Gotta love that Space Ghost » | Baby junk » | Nick's surprise party » | The Lesson of the Week #1 » | More excellent presages » | 300 pages to social destruction » 

Saturday, July 24, 2004 

I'm freezing

Today is about 70F and breezy and cloudy.  From what I understand, that is a perfectly normal summer day in London.  I woke up, put pants and socks on, and I'm still cold.  Didn't realize how cold 70F feels when it should be 85F.  I'm wearing socks for Christ's sake!  I started out with orange juice, but now I'm having tea and that helped quite a bit.  Now I understand why tea is such a big deal over there, it really is cold all the time.

I read in Rick Steve's London that afternoon tea is starting to go to the wayside in London because of all the Starbucks.  If that's true that is so sad.  I want to go to London because it's not Washington D.C.  I don't want it to become like D.C. right before my very eyes.  Stupid globalization.

Am so sore from karate two days ago that I can barely move.  Of course it would be nice to soak in a hot bath, but that would necessitate cleaning the tub first, and that sounds more painful than what I'm going through now, so sod it.

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
        --Samuel Johnson

Cool chick

Torrid Travels

In deep freeze

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates







Locations of visitors to this page