« Home | Swimming along....... » | Mmmmm.... Forbidden doughnut.... » | It's gonna be cold, it's gonna be grey, and it's g... » | Top of London » | Moldy » | So.... Cold.... » | Brill is too a word » | Nessun Dorma » | Paris était stupéfiant! » | I'll be taking these Huggies and whatever cash ya got » 

Monday, March 14, 2005 

As One

Had a totally kick ass weekend, getting drunk with my department and then going to the Brixton Academy for the Bouncing Souls/Dropkick Murphys show by myself (I know, don't even get me started on the pathetic-ness of my life....)

Brixton Academy was really cool, I liked the layout of the place. The neighborhood wasn't as shady as the poofs in my office warned me; those foo's wouldn't last two seconds in Adams Morgan!

God Awfuls opened, I'd never heard of them before and they were okay, and Bouncing Souls were awesome as usual. It was my first time seeing Dropkick Murphys, who over the last few years have become one of my favorite bands. They played almost all of Blackout, and a few oldies, and some new, unreleased songs. Sorry I couldn't come up with a set list, but I was so hungover I was practically blind. They finished their encore with TNT by AC/DC, and that so kicked ass. Oh, also, halfway through their set, the bagpipes led the entire crowd through a rousing rendition of Amazing Grace; that was great too.

For all their Irishness, they are SO an American Boston band. Who else writes lyrics about ice hockey?

Good times, good times.

Did they sing any DJ Jazzy Jeff tunes?

-SK

Post a Comment

Cool chick

Torrid Travels

In deep freeze

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates







Locations of visitors to this page