« Home | A Different Kind of Culture Shock » | Validation » | Super Diet Secret Works Fast No Pills » | Olympics kick ass » | America » | Haters » | Go ahead » | Fire and Rescue/I'm a bad person » | London Bridge » | Big News! » 

Tuesday, August 17, 2004 

Cosmetic Surgery for the Benefit of Mankind

I just read a paper by Dr. B that used human skin samples to study parasite infections, which is really cool because 1) animal testing sucks and 2) the skin donors were women who had cosmetic surgery! How cool! I've never heard of such a thing! I've always thought that most cosmetic surgery is pretty silly, but what a great way to make it actually useful. Human skin samples are really hard to come by, like most organs. Why people don't donate their organs when they die is beyond me, I think it is the ultimate selfish act. But this, this was great. No one was killed, no mammals died, some useful science was done, and some women got prettier. What a world we live in.

I think donating your organs is a whole heap of crap. You should leave life the same way that you entered it...with your own body parts. The only exception I would say to donating organs is if a family member needed something that you had a spare part of. For example a kidney. If a family member has kidney failure, I would give them one of my kidney's so that they may have the chance to live. But let's say for instance I died and someone needed a liver and the person on deck for a liver was someone who needed one due to being an alcoholic. I say screw them! If Im dead everyone should be dead.

-SourKraut

Post a Comment

Cool chick

Torrid Travels

In deep freeze

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates







Locations of visitors to this page